Wednesday, 11 April 2012
- Certain people have extraordinary potential, but absolutely no motivation to use it.
- Make no apologies for the person you've become.
Insightful, useless quotes of the week:
- "You seem like you have a tenuous grasp on the English language."
- Dayman, fighter of the Nightman. Champion of the sun. You're a master of karate and friendship for everyone.
- "How will we ever know for sure we can't eat away our feelings if we stop trying?"
Satisfied with the fact that Rick Santorum ended his campaign for the Republican Presidential Nomination. Even in defeat, he still believes that "he won in a different way". Waiting for someone to burst out and say, "That's a shame, I liked his position on human suffering." The media covers candidates and any political members 24/7. If any runner for the House is unable to handle that before they reach their hopeful destination, chances are they aren't going to survive if elected.
Santorum profoundly frightened me. He goes way beyond the fundamental disagreements of liberal versus conservatives. I enjoy having conversations with rational conservatives who make me rethink my views and, occasionally, modify them.
Tonight America's first lady, Michelle Obama was on the Colbert Report and by chance I randomly tuned in without any prior knowledge. She diplomatically spoke about a few topics the audience would have expected- childhood obesity, military employment post-war, and parenting. Best segment was her reaction when Colbert asked about how her husband would feel about this interview. It's 6:02 and I have plans before work which is in less than a stack of hours. So long.